Back End Developer (Canada)
Do you get excited designing and creating a cloud working infrastructure without reinventing the wheel? Do you have a background in cloud software development? Are you interested in helping us growing our cloud center of excellence? We would love to have you!
Your role as a Back End Developer at Movella
- This position will have the opportunity to build online SaaS projects and web applications.
- Work within an Agile methodology with teams of Client Account Managers & Product Owners to create best-in-class software.
- Develop core functionality and components for applications; services and websites, in support of Consumer and B2B facing users, by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
- Implement best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications.
- Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code.
- Identify code/functionality that can be refactored and reused; isolate and improve upon it, and publish it for appropriate reuse within the team.
- Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for Technology Solutions and other divisions.
- Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
- Work with internal and external developers to ensure Web Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications.
What Sets You Apart:
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product or infrastructure improvements.
- Proactiveness, clear communicator of thoughts and ideas and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows.
We are looking for a flexible and detail oriented Back-end Developer. Someone who thrives in an environment where your proactive and can-do attitude are highly appreciated. You have:
- Expert knowledge and experience in PHP programming
- Expert knowledge and experience with Laravel or other MVC framework for PHP
- Expert knowledge and experience building secure Restful APIs
- Expert OOP knowledge including best practices such as SOLID principles
- Experience with modelling techniques such as UML
- Knowledge of industry best practices in architectural and design methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with unit testing
- Knowledge and experience with mocking frameworks
- Knowledge of version control software such as GIT
- Knowledge and experience working with databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Creative and problem solving mindset.
A technical assessment by our external cloud partner will be part of the hiring process
Working at Movella
Movella is bringing meaning to movement. This new brand encapsulates the value and technologies from mCube, Xsens, and Kinduct. Our mission is to digitize movement so that people can extract meaning and impact positive change. We provide intelligent solutions for sensing, capturing, and analyzing motion and states of being. Our products accelerate innovation and create extraordinary outcomes in entertainment, sports, health and industrial markets.
Working for Movella is working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our teams. These teams consist of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for health, movement and technology. Movella offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international environment, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.